Soaker Sensor Technology
- 1 Preserves Water
- 2 Reduces Electricity Cost
- 3 Promotes Herd Health & Productivity
- 4 Reduces Lagoon Run Off
- 5 Reduces Mold on Feed
1 Preserves Water
Water is the most precious resource required for evaporative cooling, a time proven method of reducing core body temperature of the animal.
2 Reduces Electricity Cost
Water pumped out of a well and across the dairy is expensive as it is driven by an electric motor and pump system.
3 Promotes Herd Health & Productivity
The potential for Heat Stress is high for dairy cows in hot climates over the life of the animal. Immediate impact may result in the loss of the animal, while surviving stock demonstrate a loss of productivity of up to 20 percent.
4 Reduces Lagoon Run Off
The reduction in water use facilitated by the Avsonic soaker system mitigates the amount of eﬄuent sent to the lagoon. Regulatory restrictions govern the nitrate amount permitted for deposit and the Avsonic system can help reduce the size of the lagoon by limiting water.
5 Reduces Mold on Feed
Soaker spray is often pushed back on to the feed line which degrades the integrity of the feed and causes mold. Feed costs are approximately 40 percent of the daily operating costs and further protecting this valuable commodity can be accomplished by only running soakers when an animal is present.
Features & Benefits
1 Use Existing Soaker Timer
Determine your run time
2 Valve Opens Only When Cow is Present
- Preserves water, energy, feed, and lagoon run off
- Improves system water pressure
- Extends system pump life, reduces booster pump requirements in Summer
3 Internal Pressure Sensor
Turns Soaker On/Oﬀ based on water supply pressure
4 Ultrasonic Sensor
Senses Presence of Cow
- Requires no power to hold open or closed
- Self cleaning, non-clogging
6 Replaceable Lithium Battery Pack
- Long life
- Self contained, no wires
7 Stand Alone Unit
- Augmented applications; Swine, Equine, Zoo
- NPT water output threads adapt to existing nozzles and/or fittings for local or remote service lines